On behalf of all the symposium organizers welcome to the 2018 Digital Learning Symposium – Frontiers of Innovation: Curriculum Change in Online Learning Environments.
This email is to all delegates, presenters, and sponsors registered. Please read through to the end for important information including:
New sessions have been added:
We have updated session descriptions to include a link to an online Google document to enable delegates to ask presenters questions in advance, and after, the presentation. The documents will also be used to curate impressions/takeaway ideas from each session.
Please consider the following before, during, and after the event:
- Add questions for presenters in advance so they can address them in the session;
- During the session, take notes, provide impressions and insights in the Google document link in the session description. Please note that Google docs could bog down, so one or two curators is enough.
- After the session, check out the curated notes and add to the conversation there as appropriate.
The key point here is: what is it that you want to learn about, to make a note of, and to remember for your own practice? The Google documents will be stored on a Google Site that will live beyond the symposium, the Sched.com site we are using and will be shared openly with those attending and those that could not.
In the spirit of educating and of open practice, please help us to push our boundaries and to expand our reach to help improve learning opportunities for all educators.
We have negotiated a parking rate of $10 for overnight and $5 rate for daily parking at the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel. If you are staying at the hotel under the conference guest room block please provide your license number to the front desk.
Hotel & Food
We are finalizing the menu for the event and have healthy options including gluten free and vegetarian choices for continental breakfasts and lunches. We have requested that food be labeled, including meat options, gluten-free, and items that may contain nuts. If you have any concerns check at the registration desk and you will be referred to hotel staff.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless internet is available throughout the hotel. A Meeting Space Access Code will be provided on registration.
There are no printed workshop programs with session descriptions…
- Please note that all conference program information is available to you on mobile, tablet and computer at either of the two sites noted above.
- We will not be printing a full program, just a short conference at a glance with presenter name, time, and room. All workshop descriptions are online only.
Please create your own schedule!
- We ask you to sign up for sessions of interest so that we can assign popular sessions to larger rooms. You can change your mind at any time, but we need your voice to ensure popular sessions are scheduled in larger rooms.
- You can create your own custom schedule, print it or download it to your calendar. You are not required to follow that schedule, it just helps you be organized and us to put popular sessions in larger rooms.
Photograph and Recording Consent
On registration, you were required to provide consent to have your image and voice recorded. Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know at the registration desk.
Please forward this email to others who may be interested but have not registered yet. Tweet it out (hashtags #BlendEdBC #CANeLearn), post and share with your followers!
We look forward to the symposium. Thank you to the planning committee, presenters, and most importantly sponsors for making this event another to remember!
Questions? Email info@CANeLearn.net or me at rlabonte@CANeLearn.net.
On behalf of the Educators for DL, BC Partners in Online Learning, and the CANeLearn Network