|On behalf of all the symposium organizers welcome to the 2018 Digital Learning Symposium – Frontiers of Innovation: Curriculum Change in Online Learning Environments.
This email is to all delegates, presenters, and sponsors registered. Please read through to the end for important information including:
New sessions added some moved or changed
Please check your schedule if you have created one already, also consider building one if you have not. Note the following new additions:
Session descriptions include a link to an online Google document to enable delegates to ask presenters questions in advance, and after, the presentation. Please consider before, during, and after the event to:
- Add questions for presenters in advance so they can address them in the session;
- During the session, take notes, provide impressions and add your voice;
- After the session, check out the curated notes and add to the conversation.
The key point here is: what is it that you want to learn about, to make a note of, and to remember for your own practice? The Google documents will be stored on a Google Site that will live beyond the symposium, the Sched.com site we are using and will be shared openly with those attending and those that could not.
We have negotiated a parking rate of $10 for overnight and $5 rate for daily parking at the Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel. If you are staying at the hotel under the conference guest room block please provide your license number to the front desk.
Hotel & Food
We have healthy options including gluten-free and vegetarian choices for continental breakfasts and lunches. Food will be labeled. If you have any concerns check at the registration desk and you will be referred to hotel staff. Also, we have limited tables in the ballroom, so please feel free to use the tables in the breakout rooms for lunch.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless internet meeting space access code is (note, case sensitive):
There are no printed workshop programs with session descriptions…
- Please note that all conference program information is available to you on mobile, tablet and computer.
- We will not be printing a full program, just a short conference at a glance with presenter name, time, and room. All descriptions are online only.
- Please create your own schedule!
- Please sign up for sessions of interest so that we can assign popular sessions to larger rooms. You can change your mind but your voice will balance attendance.
- Create your own schedule, print, download, add it to your calendar.
Photograph and Recording Consent
On registration, you were required to provide consent to have your image and voice recorded. Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know at the registration desk.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Thank you to our sponsors and exhibitors who support this event. Check them out in the foyer during breaks and online here: https://2018dlsymposium.sched.com/info
Please forward this email to others who may be interested but have not registered yet. Tweet it out (hashtags #BlendEdBC #CANeLearn), post and share with your followers!
We look forward to the symposium. Thank you to the planning committee, presenters, and most importantly sponsors for making this event another to remember!
Questions? Email info@CANeLearn.net or me at rlabonte@CANeLearn.net.
On behalf of the Educators for DL, BC Partners in Online Learning, and the CANeLearn Network