2017 CANeLearn Symposium Archives
- An open Google Site was created for presenters and delegates to curate session notes, insights and resources (https://sites.google.com/view/2017symposium).
- The site includes archived sessions and documents. The event was also tracked on the #CANeLearn Twitter feed.
- Read the summary post about the symposium here.
October 19 Session: PD Models for School Success
June 10 BCtechquity Symposium – Vancouver Island University
May 11 Session: blendED@Navigate: A Journey of Disruptive Innovation – Jeff Stewart & Marieke Holtkamp
May 11 CIDER Session – State of the Nation: K-12 e-Learning in Canada – Michael Barbour & Randy LaBonte
April 20 Session – Getting Online: Online course for student orientation – Keith Harrison
March 16th Session – Teacher Training Resources from Palliser Beyond Borders
February 17th Session — State of the Nation: K12 eLearning in Canada
February 3rd Presentation: Blueprinting Your Course
- Click here to download Blueprinting Feb.3 Slides (PDF)
- Click here to view the recording (Bb Collaborate).
Links from the slides
Quality Matters rubric: https://www.qualitymatters.org/rubric
Universal Design for Learning: http://www.cast.org/udl/
Community of Inquiry Model: https://coi.athabascau.ca/
Links from the chat messages:
- eCampusAlberta quality online toolkit: http://quality.ecampusalberta.ca/
- OER licensing from Creative Commons: http://creativecommons.org/
- Fair Dealings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing_in_Canadian_copyright_law
- Understanding by Design http://www.grantwiggins.org/documents/UbDQuikvue1005.pdf
January 20th Presentation: Nova Scotia Virtual School – A Collaborative Model for Online Learning Click here for PDF of presentation slides
October 25-27, 2015
blendED 2015: Alberta’s Blended and Online Symposium
May 21, 2015 Session
How do we shift to competency-based assessment?
April 27, 2015 Session
BOLT – Blended and Online Learning and Teaching
Presenters: Dr. Constance Blomgren, Dr. Marti Cleveland-Innes, Laurel Beaton
Click for recording
Sign up at adlc.ca/BOLT.
Feb. 26, 2015 Session
Literacy Across Subject Areas
- How can teachers effectively address the literacy needs of learners in online environments?
- What can we do to foster literacy in online and blended learning? Dr. Lee Graham from the University of Alaska will share some ideas based on research and invite you to share ideas that work for you in your practice.
- Dr. Lee Graham
Jan. 15, 2015 Session
- Using Data to Inform Teaching Practice with At-risk Students in Online and Blended Learning Environments
- Daylene Laumann & Neela Bell
July 2014 Summer Symposium (Toronto)
Click here to check out a summary of the July 2014 Ontario Summer Summit Storify: Blended and Online Learning in Canada: K-12 State of the Nation.