|SPECIAL EDITION WEBINAR
Promising Practices in Next Generation Learning Models for English Language Learners
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET (register)
On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET, the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) will be hosting a Special Edition webinar to explore next generation learning models for English Language Learner (ELL) students.
In schools across the United States, next generation learning models are beginning to transform learning for English Language Learners with personalized, competency-based education.
A recent iNACOL report, Next Generation Learning Models for English Language Learners: Promising Practices and Considerations for Teaching and Learning, shares promising practices and case studies of next generation designs advancing learning for ELL students. The paper also identifies core elements and principles for a next generation classroom to support ELL student success:
- Redefining what success means and looks like for ELL students,
- Assessments of and for learning,
- Personalized approaches that focus on educating the whole child, and
- Building educator role and capacity to meet the needs of every student.
Join school leaders and ELL experts from schools and school networks highlighted in the report as they discuss transforming education models to personalized, competency education for ELL students.
iNACOL COO Bruce Friend said, “ELLs make up the fastest growing student group in the U.S., approaching nearly 5 million students. Unfortunately, traditional K-12 systems are often challenged to adequately meet these students’ diverse needs. Student-centered teaching and learning better serve students with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, helping to prepare all students for success.”
This webinar is free to attend — participants are invited to register here for final details and login information.
Webinar Title: Promising Practices in Next Generation Learning Models for English Language Learners
- Mariela Spejh, Minnesota Executive Director, Distinctive Schools
- Jaime Barraza, Director of Biliteracy, Distinctive Schools
- Laureen Avery, Director of Northeast Regional Office, UCLA Center X,Project Exc-EL Schools
- Daniel Sass, Assistant Principal, International High School at Langley Park
- Natalie Truong, Policy Director, iNACOL
Share this Webinar on Twitter:
- Join @nacol for #Webinar on Promising Practices in #NextGen #Learning Models for English Language #Learners http://ow.ly/CLBQ30eaBCM#ELL
The mission of the International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL) is to catalyze the transformation of K-12 education policy and practice to advance powerful, personalized, learner-centered experiences through competency-based, blended and online learning. iNACOL is a non-profit organization focusing on research, developing policy for student-centered education to ensure equity and access, developing quality standards for emerging learning models using competency-based, blended, and online education, and supporting the ongoing professional development of school and district leaders for new learning models. Visit our website, like us on Facebook, connect with us on LinkedInand follow us on twitter.