June 10 – Vancouver Island University Nanaimo campus http://canelearn.net/bctechquity/
- How are you leading change and supporting teachers to leverage technological advances and social assets in service of equitable learning for all students in British Columbia?
- Join Remi Holden and the panel of Gordon Li (Ministry of Education), Rod Allen (Superintendent, SD79), Jeff Stewart (Director, SD71), Harry Janzen (Dean, VIU) and Randy LaBonte (CEO, CANeLearn) as they explore what you need to lead change through technology.
- Only $45 and includes lunch!
- Full schedule: http://lanyrd.com/2016/bctechquity/schedule/
The 2017 CANeLearn Symposium (& BC DL Conference)
Save the Dates: April 5-8, 2017
Join us one year from now at Vancouver’s Westin Bayshore Resort ~ Gateway to downtown & Stanley Park, for CANeLearn’s inaugural annual symposium! Watch for more information coming about keynote, call for proposals and registration.
blendED 2016: October 23-25, 2016
The blendED 2016 Symposium Call for Proposals open
- Use this link to submit your presentation idea: https://goo.gl/aPfw49
- See more at http://www.blendedalberta.ca/
- Use #CANeLearn to stream specific items of interest to members. Join the conversation!
- Join CANeLearn – Membership information here http://canelearn.net/membership-account/membership/
In the news…
- Call for Proposals for 2016 blendED Symposium, October 23-25, Edmonton http://www.blendedalberta.ca/
- CANeLearn State of the Nation: K-12 E-Learning in Canada 2015 report published: download a PDF copy of the full 2015 report here.
- For an understanding and overview of Canadian K-12 online and blended learning check out CANeLearn’s research centre with a full list by province and territory.
Worth a quick look…
From Contact North ~ “Learning on the go”: What is Next for Mobile Learning?
- In December 2015, there were 4.3 billion mobile phone subscribers in the world. Some of the most remarkable learning development projects in the world use obile phones and simple messaging systems to transform the livelihoods of thousands of families. Learning through mobile devices is possible anywhere and at any time and is happening now.
- Read Learning on the Go and uncover what’s next for mobile learning (data based on post-sec students).
From Canadian Education Association ~ School District Innovation Case Study
- A new Canadian Education Association report details how the Ottawa Catholic School Board has become one of the most innovative school systems in the country.
- The comprehensive case study research report released by the Canadian Education Association (CEA) provides key insights into how over five years the Ottawa Catholic School Board went from teaching with overhead projectors to creating a robust digital learning ecosystem in all of its 83 schools.
- Case Study Report Executive Summary and Videos
From Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute ~
Teacher Perceptions of Learner-Learner Engagement at a Cyber High School ~ Webinar on Wednesday, June 8 at 2pm EDT
This session will share findings of a case study on teachers at a full-time cyber charter school and their behaviors that most positively impact student engagement and learning: befriending, motivating, instructing, and collaborating.
Presenter: Jered Borup, George Mason University
All webinars are held via Adobe Connect (https://connect.mivu.org/mvlri); there is no registration required. Attendees are encouraged to participate in webinar sessions using the text chat window and encouraged to chat on Twitter using #MVLRIchat.
Podcast episode featuring John Watson of the Evergreen Education Group
- John’s breadth of knowledge about the field of K-12 online and blended learning is extremely valuable to understanding where the US has been and where we’re they are headed.
- For an understanding and overview of Canadian K-12 online and blended learning check out CANeLearn’s research centre with a full list by province and territory, or download a PDF copy of the full 2015 report here.
- Listen to the John Watson podcast episode here.