Hi all. I am writing to you as the “founding members” of CANeLearn (we welcome Lynne/Dean from LearnNowBC and Alison from Palliser Beyond Borders who have joined us as our new founding members) about two items: 1) an upcoming online presentation from a founding director, 2) two meetings for onsite members April 6 in Vancouver prior to the online/onsite general meeting at 4:30 pm.
- Michael Barbour is doing a CIDER presentation on the State of the Nation: K-12 Online Learning in Canada Report on Wednesday, April 2 at 11:00 Mountain (13:00 Eastern). As CANeLearn we wrote the introduction for the publication (published by Open School BC) and are planning to make this annual report part of CANeLearn’s research offerings.
- If you are interested in attending, see information below. Also feel free to forward this CIDER session to others.
- For those of us in Vancouver for the April 6-8 conference, please mark the following meetings
- Sunday, April 6 conference foyer 10:45 am – meet in the conference foyer to travel to TD Canada Trust downtown branch and sign VISA account application (tentative meeting, but mark your calendars if you are there). We need several founding and signing directors only (Alison, Lynne, Dean are off the hook) to sign paperwork to get the bank to issue us a VISA card for operations.
- Sunday, April 6 prior to the conference a meeting in Randy’s hospitality suite (lunch provided – check with Pam/Chrysstena at registration on conference floor for room number) to manage logistics for the April 6-8 conference, and get ready for the 4:30 pm general meeting. The lunch meeting is open to all founding members onsite (Lynne/Dean and Alison), however will not be broadcast online given location/logistics.
- For everyone else, there is a general meeting for potential members and interested parties Sunday at 4:30 pm in the Comox room – followed by a hosted conference social. This meeting will be broadcast by Patrick Bérubé via Zenlive. Details and separate information to follow in separate email.