Holiday Greetings from the CANeLearn Board of Directors
Wishing you happy holidays and a wonderful new year!
January 20, 2016 – 1:00 pm Eastern — Link: http://talk.ednet.ns.ca/28qj1x2ek22u
Login as Guest — Password: NSVS
- Nova Scotia Virtual School: A Collaborative Model for Online Learning – Sarah Hainsworth
- Join this session to learn how Nova Scotia has developed unique collaborative models that provide all students in the province with access to full course complements. Learn how classroom and online teachers work together in creating a cohesive and flexible learning pathway for students in the province. Bring your ideas to the discussion about how you can implement some of these unique approaches in your own school or program.
February 3 – 1:00 pm Eastern — http://bit.ly/CANeLearn
- Blueprinting your Course – Lise Pethyridge, ADLC
- The key to a great course is a great design. At the Alberta Distance Leaning Centre, we have over time developed processes to help teachers build better courses. The blueprint, an involved process around defining outcomes, an assessment plan and a student learning path as a collaborative effort is the first step. Join me as I outline this process and hopefully give you tools to apply to your own course design.
February 17 – 2:00 pm Eastern — http://bit.ly/CANeLearn
- State of the Nation: K12 eLearning in Canada
- In this session Michael Barbour, lead author of this Canadian-based research, will provide a quick overview of research compiled on blended and online learning in Canada. Innovation, new directions and successes will be part of a discussion on how to expand this research to serve educators, schools and programs across Canada. Participants will learn how to use the new website which boasts all the print research compiled into sections and a searchable database.
2016 Digital Learning Conference: Transforming Learning: Innovation and Opportunities in DL and Beyond
- February 18 – 20, 2016; Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond, BC
- Call for proposals & information here: http://conference.learnnowbc.ca/
Other webinar and PD events, including URL/locations, can be found on our Online Webinars page here or our Google PD Calendar here.
- Use #CANeLearn to stream specific items of interest to members. Join the conversation!
- Join CANeLearn – Membership information here https://canelearn.net/membership-account/membership/
- Sign up for email copies of our news.