This newsletter provides event updates, links to several archives worth reviewing, news and announcements, along with a curated list of research and articles relevant to leaders and practitioners of blended and online learning.
We continue to ask you to add your voice to our news, blog, Twitter feed, and Facebook page, and we invite you to share your stories with us.
Please forward this news on your own networks using the tools at the bottom.
April 7-9 in Vancouver
- Theme: “Fostering Inquiry: Personal Learning in Digital Environments”
- Featuring EdTechTeam, Microsoft Education & Skills session
- Discounts for members and groups
- Non-member and attending? Join CANeLearn for the same price!
May 9-10 in Ottawa
- Optional evening keynote address
- Full day skill building event
- More info at http://www.boltt.ca/ottawa-spring-conference/
In the News
Missed BOLTT18 in Toronto?
Check out links to Padlet’s used to curate all the resources and presentatons: http://www.boltt.ca/toronto-fall-conference/toronto-schedule/
Special Report: Funding and Resourcing of Distributed Learning in Canada
- The State of the Nation and CANeLearn research team has published a new policy brief on funding for online programs
- The brief brief examines the nature of distributed learning funding in British Columbia and how that compares to other jurisdictions in Canada and the United States
- Click here to view or download
Saskatchewan IT Summit 2019 – Call for Presenters
- Now accepting applications for sessions at the Saskatchewan IT Summit.
- Please submit your application at https://www.stf.sk.ca/eform/submit/saskatchewan-it-summit-call-for-
- Submission deadline is January 19
MindShare Learning Moment
Podcast with Randy LaBonte, CEO, on #CESBA2018 conference in Toronto
- Click here to view podcast (12 min)
Teaching Online or Hoarding Frogs in a Wheel Barrow
Why do students sometimes stumble right out of the gate, fall through the cracks midstream, or abandon course just when the finish line is in sight?
View highlights of the iNACOL Symposium 2018 – keynote presentations and resources